Monday, September 20, 2010

Why I like Christopher Hitchens

Christopher Hitchens is a writer, genius, and a out spoken Athiest.

A lot of people hate him for having the views that he does.

I don't.

I am not an Athiest myself.

But Christopher Hitchens is someone I admire.
And I'll explain why.
I may not be an athiest but I like Christopher Hitchens.
He is a brilliant man and I enjoy reading his books.
I was sad to hear he has cancer.
It makes me sick to think that we might lose Christopher Hitchens, someone who is not only brilliant, but also someone who has the courage to question authority and the
"sacred cows" of our culture.
His audacity, courage, and strong character is why I admire Christopher Hitchens.

I first had the pleasure of seeing the handsome and charismatic Christopher Hitchens on "Penn & Teller: Bullshit".
He appeared on the "sacred cows" episode and he revealed the truth about the popular icon Mother Teresa (Agnes Bojaxhiu).
As a result, many Catholics hated him with a passion because he dared to discuss one of the many "sacred cows" within the religion.
Christopher has had many people verbally attacking him and vivisecting him over the years.
Yet he still has shown courage and audacity and bravery by speaking his mind.
We could all benefit from a man like Christopher Hitchens.
Someone who never backs down and stands up for what he believes in.

No comments:

Post a Comment